MapTools.org

[Chameleon] What does chameleon do?

Julien-Samuel Lacroix lacroix@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 10:02:43 -0500
Hi px,

Reply 1:
In theory, you set the navigable option to true and you put a navtools
widget (Recenter, ScaleZoom, CompassPoint, etc.) in your template and
that's it. However the MapImageSharedResource widget have not been
tested with all navtools. Only Recenter, CompassPoint and ScaleZoom have
been tested, but I don't see why they should not work. So it will be
safe to use the ZoomIn and ZoomOut widget, and all others.

Reply 2:
The magic of template pre-processing can solve your problem.
Check http://www.maptools.org/chameleon/wiki/pre_2dprocessing
The only change that you should make to what you see there is to use a
different syntax. The [Name] have changed to [$Name$].
So if your search page pass the variable "state" in the URL with a combo
box or a hidden field, you can use anywhere in your widget the tag
[$state$] and it will be replaced by the value in the URL. Enjoy!

Best regards,
Julien