[Chameleon] Does chameleon have a WMS CLIENT?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Nov 22 14:41:18 EST 2004

Roland,

Chameleon uses MapServer on the server to handle all mapping including
both local and remote data.  There are a number of very good technical
reasons to use this approach rather than directly connecting to a wms
server from the browser.  There are also a number of good technical
reasons to go directly to the server :)  There are a bunch of apps
designed to do just this, a couple that come to mind are MapBender or
MapBuilder.