[Chameleon] Does chameleon have a WMS CLIENT?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 23 13:57:11 EST 2004

tough job :)  This is really a complicated issue.  Chameleon is not
(yet) for the faint of heart, but it is very flexible (probably too
flexible ... makes it confusing).

Chameleon is a WMS client, in fact that was what it was originally
developed to be.

You will need some sort of server for any approach you take (unless you
are looking for desktop software, not web-based).  Chameleon does not
differ from any other software in that respect.  Chameleon does have
certain pre-requisites, but I think that you will find it similar to
most of the other packages.

I would encourage you to get a solid list of requirements from your
customer, particularly the type of functionality they are expecting and
the overall performance of the application.  Only then can you make an
intelligent choice, I think.

Paul