[Chameleon] Problem with Scale widget

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Thu Sep 23 20:24:29 EDT 2004

Berend,

One thing that can could possibly cause this is if your original map-extent does not have exactly the same aspect ratio as your mapsize (different shape). When your application first starts up, it might take your map-extent from your base settings. If, for example, your map image is square, but your extents rectangular, it can mess up the calculations. Chameleon will assume the bounding coordinates are as specified by you, whereas your mapimage will resort to the nearest extent that fits (and thus the actual mapextent and scale displayed are not the same as the extent and scale variables). That is why I always use a default map-extent with bounding coordinates I got out off chameleon itself.

Jacob