[Chameleon] LayerManager2 and raster layers

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Fri Sep 24 11:13:46 EDT 2004

its probably more the other way around since firefox is my browser of
preference and I only check in IE once in a while.  But I have noticed
changes in performance between versions of firefox.

Note that client-side javascript performance is something that will
likely be a target to work on for the 2.x series of releases.  Right now
we are focussed on getting something that works out the door .... its a
big job :(

PS: re the layer manager, I haven't used this extensively so Ican't
really comment.  Has anyone else had problems with this?  I doubt layer
size has much to do with it ...