[Chameleon] Splitting up a Legend widget

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Mon Dec 5 01:42:01 EST 2005

Peter,

I had similar problems, in that some of our sites have >30 layers,
killing the page layout. Leaving layers out wasn't an option. I solved
this by placing the legend in a scrollable DIV. By placing an
"UpdateMap" button at the top and the bottom of the legend (before and
after legendTemplate widget), it stays quite straightforward to operate.

To do this, the legend must be in a DIV with a style something like
this:

#legendTemplateDiv {
  position: relative;
  width: 170px;
  height: 300px;
  border: 1px solid #000000;
  overflow: auto; // this causes the scrolling
}

I actually set the cellpadding and cellspacing to be smaller, in my case
0.

This may be more straightforward and intuitive to the user than breaking
your legend up.

Regards,

Jacob