[Chameleon] session cache limiter

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Feb 1 20:53:54 EST 2005

Bill,

deep in the Chameleon code, there is a call to a php function
session_start().  The warning you are seeing is emitted if anything is
output to the browser before this call.  This includes anything,
including blank space, that is output outside of php script tags (<?php
?>) or inside (as an echo, print_r etc).  It is, therefore, reasonably
important to process the include( "path/to/chameleon.php" ); (which is
what ultimately triggers the above function to be called) before
anything else is output to the page.  If you are using the sample
applications, they should already be set up to do this.  Essentially,
this means that you need to have a php start tag at the top of your main
page (i.e. sample_basic.phtml) like:

<?php
include( "/path/to/chameleon.php" );

the <?php must be the first line of the file and not be preceeded by any
spaces.  You can have other php code before the include as long as it
doesn't output anything to the browser (this would include any potential
warnings or notices)