[Chameleon] distance tool units (miles) and other problems

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Feb 22 21:59:03 EST 2005

:O did anyone answer this?

Massimo Paone wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Could I ask for a question about Chameleon Bilinguilisation sample?
>
> I have used this good sample to study map server project and in 10 days
> I learned to manage the map file, the template and the inizialisation
> file. Now, I tried to substitute my files (with the
> appropriate reference system, UTM 33 WGS84) and it seems to work
> properly (after many little problems...). But:
>
> 1) why it is necessary the template "ttt_query.html" in the layer
> object? I didn't find this template inside the directories of ms4w, and
> in the sample it was in the class object? By a your answer to a post, I
> understood that it must be in the layer object. Anyway, is it possible
> show just some fields of my dbf?

it is necessary to force MapServer to recognize the layer as queryable.
   You can customize the query results, check the following:

http://chameleon.maptools.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=QueryWidgetCustomizingResults

> 2) I would be show the distance tool units in meters, not in miles!
> Where could I change this unit? In which file?

I think the ruler tool has a units attribute, check the widget
documenation at

http://chameleon.maptools.org/help

> 3) I would change the little Canada map (keymap.gif) by another
> referenced little map. But, what about its reference system? In which
> file I have to change it and where could i put my gif/jpg/tif map file?

see the widget documentation for the keymap widget.  It is possible to
provide your own image (normally in a web-accessible directory) and you
can specify what extents and reference system the image is in (you only
need the reference system if it is different from your map).

> In general, how could I change the lower part of the page (scale
> 1-2-3-4-5-6, distance, mouse x, mouse y, etc.)?

Edit the template, it's just HTML so you can re-arrange the HTML in any
way you like.  The CWC2 tags are where Chameleon will output the widget,
  make sure they stay intact.

Cheers

Paul