[Chameleon] XMLThemeLegend layer names

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Mon Jan 10 16:47:35 EST 2005

I am using the XMLThemeLegend widget and have run into a problem. The
widget is using the METADATA "wms_name" as the default layer name. It
uses the mapfile name if no wms_name is set.

But, unlike the map file name, there is no requirement or guarantee that
the wms_name is or should be unique. E.g. I am accessing a WMS server
where the wms_name is the same but certain subsets of the data are
returned by special parameters contained in the connection string.

Or there could easily be two different WMS servers with identical
wms_names. I access some WMS servers which name their layers "1", "2",
etc.

In my case this seems to causing problems in the XMLThemeLegend
determining which layer it's refering to. Perhaps I'm missing something
or perhaps this is a bug?

Note: I'm still using the 1.99 beta from 9/23/2004.

Eric