[Chameleon] save polygons

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Thu Jul 21 07:50:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

what the ExtractWFS widget does is make an extraction from a layer already in the map. Assuming you have got eg a provinces layer of your country, you can draw an ROI in the map, eg a rectangle, and then the provinces inside that rectangle can be saved into GML or a shapefile.

So this is only extracting existing features, not putting newly digitized features into a file or database, which is what I assume you want to do.

Btw please reply to the whole list.

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> "Mehdi Kiman" <oubinny at hotmail.com> 07/21/05 01:45pm >>>
Hello Bart,
Can i use  ExtractWFSData widget. Is it possible ton export the XML file
(GML) directly to MapInfo. Prehaps by using WFS/WMS webservices.

>From chemeleon Help :
The Extract WFS Data widget allows the user to extract data based on the
current selected layer and ROI. Currently the following formats are
supported: GML Shape.

Thanks a lot
Mehdi