[Chameleon] PopUp window - Changing core web path to new application path

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu May 12 09:20:28 EDT 2005

Rajan,

you are right, there is a problem with using popups from custom widgets
that are not part of the chameleon tree.

You will need to edit the widget files rather than the Popup.php file
and change any lines that set $this->moPopup->mszLink to be the correct
URL for your custom widgets.  For instance, assuming you have a custom
widget named Query in your application, you could do the following in
your custom Query.widget.php file:

$this->moPopup->mszLink =
$_SESSION['gszAppWebPath']."/widgets/Query/QueryResults.phtml";

the way this works is that Popup.php will only use gszCoreWebPath if
$this->mszLink starts with 'widgets' or './widgets' ... otherwise it
will leave the link alone, assuming you have set the right thing.

Also, I don't think you would need a copy of chameleon.php in your
application.  You can tell Chameleon to use your custom widgets by
specifying a path to a folder containing custom widgets in the call to
$oApp->CWCExecute by passing:

$oApp->CWCExecute( array( dirname(__FILE__)."/widgets" );

this will tell chameleon to search a widgets directory in your
application first.  Then you can copy and Chameleon widgets that you
need to customize into your application/htdocs/widgets directory and
make the change above to have it use the popup files from the custom
version rather than the core version.

You may run into other problems with specific widget files but I think
most of them use relative paths so it shouldn't be too bad.

HTH

Paul