[Chameleon] Unknown error with msProcessAutoProjection

Ivan Kautter ivankautter at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 18 22:34:34 EDT 2005

List Subscribers,

I am new to Chameleon.  Glad to have found it.  I have made slight
modifications to the sample_roi application.  Application produces correct
map output in general however whenever msProcessAutoProjection is called in
any php script I get an error of this nature:

Fatal error: [MapServer Error]: _msProcessAutoProjection(): WMS/WFS AUTO
PROJECTION must be in the format 'AUTO:proj_id,units_id,lon0,lat0' (got '').
in
C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\widgets\ZoomSelectedLayers\ZoomSelectedLayers.widget.php
on line 111

This was true as well when I had the north arrow widget in the map
application as well, which I removed to circumvent the problem.

I specify no projection in my mapfile as thus far I have been depending on
mapserver to choose an appropriate one.  Is this the cause of the problem I
am experiencing?

I have failed to specify a projection as it is a California State based
system that I am not sure how to define it for, I assume, PROJ.

Here is the spatial reference for all data used in map as per ArcCataolg:

Spatial Reference Information:

Horizontal coordinate system definition:
Coordinate system name:
*Projected coordinate system name: Custom
*Geographic coordinate system name: GCS_North_American_1983

Planar:
Map projection:
*Map projection name: Albers Conical Equal Area
Albers conical equal area:
*Standard parallel: 34.000000
*Standard parallel: 40.500000
*Longitude of central meridian: -120.000000
*Latitude of projection origin: 0.000000
*False easting: 0.000000
*False northing: -4000000.000000

Planar coordinate information:
*Planar coordinate encoding method: coordinate pair
Coordinate representation:
*Abscissa resolution: 0.002048
*Ordinate resolution: 0.002048
*Planar distance units: meters

Geodetic model:
*Horizontal datum name: North American Datum of 1983
*Ellipsoid name: Geodetic Reference System 80
*Semi-major axis: 6378137.000000
*Denominator of flattening ratio: 298.257222

I would be greatly appreciative of any assistance that anyone can offer.
Thanks for your time and attention.

Ivan Kautter