[Chameleon] Session issue

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Thu Jan 12 03:02:22 EST 2006

Jonathan,

When you build a widget, you always have to pass the session variable
into any page that uses server-side scripting. The reason you are
experiencing this problem with IE only, is that IE does NOT
automatically pass on the variables from the the page that the current
page was submitted from. In other words:

Page 1: form WITH session ID, submits into:
Page 2: this form received the session ID, but does not submit it into:
Page 3: this page does NOT see the session ID in IE, because session-ID
wasn't submitted from page 2. In Mozilla-based browsers, however,
form-variables from page 1 will find their way through to page 3. So in
Firefox it will work.

Also, in Mozilla-based browsers, I *believe* pages running inside an
Iframe will get form-variables from the main page submitted into them
automatically. Not in IE, though.

I hope this helps, rather than confuse you. Basically, Mozilla-based
browsers do more than they should, which is helpful but hides
problems.... Just pay close attention to what you submit into where.

Regards,

Jacob