[Chameleon] Non-WMS Contexts?

Ken Sanderson ken at rockies.ca
Tue Jun 27 12:55:21 EDT 2006

I have done something similar with the widget to  do what you want.

Our project worked with a number of local, non-OGC, layers as well as
any potential WMS layers people wanted to load up. The current load
context widget does just that, loads the context into your mapping
client. I wanted it to 'add' the context so I copy and pasted and made a
few changes to the widget so that instead of replacing the layers I
currently have, it adds to them.

This lets me add context documents that you find on the internet as a
group, rather then as individual layers, also it lets users save their
extents even if they are not using WMS layers.

The one thing this wont do is save which local layers are on and off,
but if you are interested in just using the code, and not worried about
the standard, then I see no reason why you couldn't edit the save
context widget to add in some XML to handle the local layer status and
then add processing for them in your modified add context widget.

Ken

Roland Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I think you misunderstood what I'm looking for -
> right now I'm not interested in producing OGC compliant XML; simply in
> saving the user's extent and layer settings. Since both this and the
> context widgets effectively do the same thing (just producing different
> output), I assumed most of the code would be there already.
>
> Unfortunately, as always I was having a bit of difficulty untwining the
> widget coding, which is why I sent the message out to the list...
>
> Looking at it now it's starting to look as though the relevant bits are
> embedded in MapScript, so I might be onto a lost cause anyway...
>
> Cheers,
> Roland.
>

> On 27/06/06, *Kralidis,Tom [Burlington]* <Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
> <mailto:Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca>> wrote:
>

>     WMS context is designed only for OGC:WMS type
>     connections.  OWSContext (draft OGC paper out later this year
>     hopefully) covers OGC:WFS, OGC:WCS, OGC:GML, etc.  In either case,
>     both approaches work on HTTP accessible data, not local filesystem,
>     etc.
>
>     Having said this, you can serve your local data as OGC:WMS and have
>     it accessible that way?

believed to be clean.