[Chameleon] pdfMap Info ..

Sears, Jeremy Jeremy.Sears at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Mar 16 09:51:30 EST 2006

Hi All,
I think that this correspondance regarding the use of pdfmap 'widget' sould
be included in the archive, so I am posting it to the list...

Hi Dejan,
Glad to hear you got the 'widget' working.

Regarding placement ....
In pdfmap.phtml, around line 174 you should see code that looks exactly
like:

***************************
 // littl' loop to help determine image placement
 // creates an 'indexgrid' on the pdf. Allows one to adjust pdf element
placement
/*
$pf["height"] = 1.5;
$pf["width"] = 0.125;

for ($x=-100; $x <=1000; $x=$x + 10){
 for ($y=-100; $y <= 1000; $y=$y+10){
   $pdf->draw_text($x, $y, '*'.$x.','.$y, $pages[0], $pf);
   }
 }
*/
*****************************

If you uncomment this, you will get somthing of a fine graticule. You output
pdf will have many small *'s, each * will have coordinate values next to it.
Use these numbers to help you place you images and such.

>> If I want to draw a rectangle around the map, what do I have to do?
You'll have to counsult the phppdflib manual at
http://www.potentialtech.com/ppl.php Im guessing you are on the right track
with the draw_rectangle() function. The template we are using contains all
map elements not generated by the mapserver, including a rectangle around
the maparea, I have not had to consider such a task. However Im thinking
that after uncommenting the above mentioned code you should have a better
idea of what values should be placed in draw_rectangle().

Best Regards
Jeremy