[Chameleon] Manage WMS Servers widget shows "cache_mlt" errors,results in no WMS data layers

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at maunsell.com
Mon May 8 02:25:40 EDT 2006

Hi Bart,

>> do I get it correctly that these lines of code are only executed if:
>> 1) the Chameleon php module cannot be found/loaded
>> 2) the wmsparse utility cannot be found

Well, I'm not *entirely* sure :) All I know is:

- currently, the 'out of the box' setting causes it to use wmsparse.exe
in Windows (also, the php extension is not compiled on Windows, making
wmsparse.exe a lot more attractive). If it can't find wmsparse/wmsparse,
it defaults to wmsparse.exe on Win32.
- those lines I mentioned are wrong, because those fieldnames are
skipped when the array is built. So there's no way that if the array
misses those entries, that a valid record can be added to a DBF that has
those fields. I do not understand why that would not cause a problem
when using the extension. Does using the extension mean that
server_data_manager.php does not get used at all? Does the capab.dbf
file get populated by the extension?

I'm not comfortable making the corrections until I know for sure it
doesn't mess up the "WMS extension" scenario.

Regards,

Jacob