[Chameleon] compress Chameleon javascript

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at maunsell.com
Thu May 11 19:08:51 EDT 2006

Paul,

I just tried applying gzip compression on the actual page (main
document), by adding "ob_start("ob_gzhandler");" to the start of
index.phtml, which launches the site. According to Firefox, the document
size went down from 200kb to 31kb. That is huge, considering the main
page is loaded everytime a layer is changed. Is there any objection that
you know of against doing this?

Internet explorer reported the same filesize, though. Is this because it
reports the filesize after compression? Is there a way to test this?

Would it be possible to run index.phtml through a script like
getcjs.php?

Regards,

Jacob