[Chameleon] Geocoding, and rectangle query

Gattuso.Peter at epamail.epa.gov Gattuso.Peter at epamail.epa.gov
Thu Sep 28 10:55:24 EDT 2006

Bart,
I will be using mostly local shapefiles (roads, rivers, etc., plus
landmark points.), and the Terraserver WMS for aerial photos.   I was
thinking that the request is made to Mapserver for anything in the
bounding box for any "queryable" layers.
Thanks for the info.
Peter Gattuso
Office of Emergency Management (5104A)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC  20460
202-564-7993 (office)
202-564-2625 (fax)

             "Bart van den
             Eijnden (OSGIS)"
             <bartvde at osgis.n                                        To
             l>                       Peter Gattuso/DC/USEPA/US at EPA,
                                      chameleon at lists.maptools.org
             09/28/2006 10:22                                        cc
             AM
                                                                Subject
                                      Re: [Chameleon] Geocoding, and
              Please respond          rectangle query
              "Bart van den
             Eijnden (OSGIS)"
             <bartvde at osgis.n
                    l>

Hi Peter,

wrt 1), not that I know of, but it should not be that hard. I have
adapted
it in the past for OGC:WFS (Web Feature Service).

wrt 2), I don't know if the Query widget would be the appropriate place,
since if it is used on WMS layers, there is no mechanism to do something
else than a point based query.

I am currently developing a WFS Table widget, which listens to the
Region Of
Interest (ROI, currently only rectangles) and displays an attribute
table
for the layer. This will only work with WMS/WFS layers though.

Will you use local data in your application, or data through WMS/WFS?

Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS, Open Source GIS
http://www.osgis.nl