[Chameleon] clear NAV_CMD

Jesse Cleary jcleary at email.unc.edu
Wed May 9 11:08:30 EDT 2007

Hi folks

I'm working on a very simple Chameleon based map with onmouseover and
onclick functionality using a customization of the MapTips widget.
Because of the onClick bit, my ZoomIn and ZoomOut widgets are presenting
a problem.  Because they remain active after the map refreshes, a user's
onClick action to get a MapTip also activates the selected widget asugin
another refresh and not the desired onclick event.  I've tried to clear
the NAV_CMD variable in my custom MapTips JS but I can't get that code
fired ahead of the Zoom actions.  I'm using the scale zoom in the
interim which provides a less desirable zoom function.

Any ideas on how to clear the NAV_CMD variable and/or de-select the Zoom
widgets after refresh without tinkering with the base Zoom widget code?
The base code powers several other Chameleon apps that I don't want this
fix applied to.  Thanks for any ideas you can suggest...

Jesse

Chameleon 2.4 (non JSAPI)
with MS 4.8.1
on Fedora Core 4