[Chameleon] Protect Database autentication (SSL of PGSQL support or SSL of Apache)

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Thu Feb 14 16:24:59 EST 2008

Hi,

If you want to send a HTTP request encrypted with SSL to Apache, your
Apache needs to support SSL, even for a single page. Is there other way
you could encrypt this? Maybe if you try to md5 your password before
sending it to the webserver and md5 it in the database.

Julien

Alexys Herleym Rodriguez Avellaneda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did  one php script that verify user and password (pgsql
> database) from two forms variables, and if the conexion is ok, then
> redirect (header(url)) to the initialization script of the chameleon
> application.
>
> I need to put security (SSL) to that file, only to that file, no for all
> chemeleon application.
>
> The question is.
>
> When i compile php to suppor pgsql there are one option for SSL_support,
> i can protect the password with that option, or what is the function of
> this option?
>
> I need to configure one apache ssl, for onle that php file?
>
> Thanks
>
> Alexys H

> ¿Con Mascota por primera vez? - Sé un mejor Amigo
> Entra en Yahoo! Respuestas
> <http://es.rd.yahoo.com/evt:51361/*http://es.answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTE4ZWhyZjU0BF9TAzIxMTQ3MTQzMjIEc2VjA0Jhbm5lcgRzbGsDQWNxdWlzaXRpb24-?link=over&sid=XXXXXXXX>.

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears