[Chameleon] Map refresh slower at bigger scale - Update Map without submit

Normand Savard nsavard at mapgears.com
Fri Oct 3 09:44:26 EDT 2008

Federica De Martin wrote:
> <<< I write again beacuse I cannot see my message - Hope this isn't a
> problem >>>
>
> Hi everybody,
> Thank you. I 've changed something in my mapfile but finally the more useful
> change has been the modify of the DATA statemen. Instead of an SQL with many
> joins I reduced it to an essential SQL, so I renounced the query tool of
> chameleon and wrote specific MyOnQuery function for my data.
> Now I want to remove the submit in the "UpdateMap" button that slows down
> the use of the application. I use Chameleon 2.4 with some inserts from 2.6
> rc1; I tried using the UpdateMap widget from 2.6 rc1 but it doesn't work as
> I read in the Chameleon archive. Is there a way to make "UpdateMap" button
> work without submitting the page?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Federica

Federica,

You can use the JSAPI mode.  I don't know if all you your widgets will
work.  It depends on how complex is your application.

You need to add this two lines in your template:
<cwc2 type="cwcjsapi" debug="false"/>
<cwc2 type="SharedResource" name="CWCJSAPI"/>

More info on jsapi mode:
http://chameleon-tiki.maptools.org/tiki-index.php?page=CWCJSAPI