FW: [Chameleon] CwcImage_0 when upgrading to Chameleon 2.6

john lace johnlace65 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 1 22:15:02 EDT 2008

Thanks again for your reply, Justin. But it hasn't solved my problem.hovering or right clicking on the "cwcimage_0" text will only point to the sample_basic.phtml# file, and not to the expected button image, as it does for the scale bar and other images. Maybe the explanation (and solution) comes from the fact that in my actual configuration I have never seen buttons created to the /ms_tmp/buttons/ folder, and that was unimportant for ver 2.4 but now it's crucial for 2.6.    Something related to the skins/  file config?    The sample files are identical for 2.4/2.6, and the directories below chameleon are also just the same. What else could I check?   writing rights, paths and main.phtml I have checked several times. Thanks for your replyJohn Lace

From: justin.ngan at utoronto.caTo: johnlace65 at hotmail.comSubject: RE: [Chameleon] CwcImage_0 when upgrading to Chameleon 2.6Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 15:00:21 -0400

Out of curiosity, if you right click on where the icon is expected, and click on properties (sometimes a hover is enough), does it show you where it is looking for the image? This has been a very useful way for us to trouble porting and setup problems!

 After that, I would look in that location, after the map is loaded (don’t close the session of course) and see if the image is there.
 If it is: then there is a rights issue between chameleon/mapserver/apache.
If it is not: are you developing in an environment that offers a ‘file search’ tool and see if you can locate where the ‘expected file’ is being placed?

Finally, if the search does not return any file of the name expected, then almost for sure, you know that you have a rights problem for ‘writing’.

Incidentally, after looking at your config file, I know that it looks just the way it SHOULD according to chameleon docs. HOWEVER, I think that in the more recent versions, the *_tmp locations are definitely an issue. I bet, your problem can be fixed by following the above suggestions and finding which temp directory Chameleon is dropping your images. GOOD LUCK!

I hope this helps a little.

Justin