[FGS] Postgis and postgresql installed

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 24 11:35:33 EDT 2004

I've bundled up postgresql with postgis and installed them in the fgs home under /dev. I didn't an initdb but can't easily start the service since pg is running on this server already - I will work on it and probably temporarily change the port so I can continue on.  It was built against GEOS which I think is installed in the /base

TO DO
 - I plan to load all the postgis functions into the database template1 at some point so the distribution is ready to go out of the box
 - I started a setenv script but need to finish it (comment about it appreciated)

If anyone has some time to try it on their machine, that'd be great.  Should just be able to mirror the base and dev folders and run the the /base/setenv and /dev/postgres/setenv to get started.

Tyler