[FGS] Status / httpd / etc

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 17 16:13:11 EDT 2004

Guillaume Dallaire wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To try the installer script I made, just follow the instructions here :
>
> http://www.maptools.org/dl/fgs/fgs-installer.html
>
> This script installs my FGS modules to run mapserver + php_mapscript
> 4.2.2. There is also instructions to test the installed system with a
> nice demo application.
>
> Total size to download : ~5.1MB.
>
> No modification is made to the running system.

Guillaume,

I have confirmed it works with on my RedHat 8 system - sweet!

I notice (like many packagers who include GDAL and PROJ) you omitted
to include the contents of the GDAL data directory (ie. pcs.csv) or
the PROJ.4 support files.

Is there a reason the gmap demo isn't packaged for installation with
the same installer script?

Does the GDAL build you prepared have any relationship to the what I
prepared for the fgs-base package or are all your packages ones you built
yourself seperate from the build setup on maxine?  While an impressive job
has been done on Apache, MapServer and the install scripts, I feel like you have
left the rest of us behind a bit.

I will try to respond seperately to Guillaume's message of a week or so ago.