[FGS] Metadata tools and FGS (WAS: Mapscript/TCL and MSWorkBench)

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Tue Jul 5 14:30:54 EDT 2005

nikos:

I use the tools that came with the download... I velieve
http://geology.usgs.gov/tools/metadata/ lists them all...

This includes MP and TKME (tickle me? Where is Elmo when you need it?)

However I am not familiar with S/R system. Can you provide a link? What
is the tool for?

If these metada tools made their way into FGS and MS4W perhaps people
would be more willing to include metadata with their geographic data
instead of leaving me guesing who, what when where and why the data was
gathered and especialy HOW, standards and acuracy.... less time on the
phone asking questions to those that SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED METADATA...

Check out Metadata Bob at
http://www.csc.noaa.gov/metadata/text/Bob_poster.pdf and go sailing with
him at http://www.csc.noaa.gov/metadata/text/Bob_guide.pdf

Cheers to the inclusion of metadata tools with GIS packages, now if
someone just had the good sense to combine them (or let me know who has
alreayd done so)

>> The metadata tools I use from USGS has a nice ability to drag and
>> drop chunks of metadata.. is this possible to drag and drop specific
>> layers in the msworkbench?  This would help increase productivity
>> when transfering large base maps.
>

> What are you using, mp?tkMe? Are you running S/R system?
>
> regards,
>
> nikos
>

>> Thanks for the response, I think this project may server the MS
>> community well from a data managers ' and GIS tech's point of view.
>> More time creating maps, less time spotting silly typing errors or
>> ommitting crucial object requirements.

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|