[FGS] FGS Configuration Issue

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 23:41:50 EDT 2005

I am in the process of configuring FGS on FC3.  I installed the gmap
demo and I am trying to use the demo to confirm that I have everything
configured properly.

When I hit the page http://127.0.0.1:8080/gmap/gmap75.phtml  , the
legend and header labels load, but I get two messages in the map
window:

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msSaveImageGD(): Unable to open file
/tmp/ms_tmp/112070747044661.gif for writing in
/mapserver/gmap/apps/gmap-ms40/htdocs/gmap75.inc.php on line 552

Fatal error: Failed writing image to /tmp/ms_tmp/112070747044661.gif
in /mapserver/gmap/apps/gmap-ms40/htdocs/gmap75.inc.php on line 552

I haven't worked with mapscript much, but this indicates to me that
the permissions are not set to allow the webserver user to write to
this directory.  I CHMODed the directory permissions to 666 and then
777 and I still get the errors.

Anyone have recommendations on where I should look next?

David.