[FGS] Mapscript/TCL

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Thu Jun 30 13:18:56 EDT 2005

Came across an interesting project called Mapserver Workbench at
http://msworkbench.sourceforge.net/

it is described as, and I quote "A set of cooperative tools for
development of MapServer <http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu> web mapping
applications."

One of the requirements for the Tcl/TK applications to work require
mapscript/TCL. I couldn't compile from source because i'm using the FGS
and mapserver is a bin package (I assume) .  Would it be possible to
have an FGS module for mapscript/tcl?

These tools might be a good replacement to the defunct maplab which is
not provided through FGS.

The website has all the links to source and also screen shots. Reminds
me of old school GRASS.

If anyone has an idea of how I can incorporate these tools through FGS
let me know.

until then, I am still a slave to textfiles. Good for understanding and
completeness, harsh on productivity levels.

Cheers

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|