[FGS] phplib doesn't work

Eric Shuman erics at ameri-title.com
Fri Apr 21 20:12:29 EDT 2006

I am having a problem getting the pdflib to work.

I have run through the fgs install of pdflib_lite base (6.0.2) and
php_pdf-module (4.4.2) and everything seemed to go OK.  When I try to make a
pdf in PHP I get an error when trying to call pdf_new(). So I checked the
phpinfo() and there is no entry for PDF.  If I try to use the lib as an
extension in php.ini I get this error "Unable to load dynamic library
'/GIS/fgs/www/lib/php4/pdf.so' - /GIS/fgs/www/lib/php4/pdf.so: undefined
symbol: PDF_open_fp in ..." If I try to use the dl() call in my script I get
the same error.

I had a previous setup using Fedora Core3 and everything worked fine.  Now I
am using Debian "Sarge".  Could that be the problem?? Or has something
changed in the modules?  Anyone else having this problem?  Suggestions?

Eric Shuman

AmeriTitle
15 Oregon Ave
Bend, OR 97701