[FWTools] using FWTools; need to recompile mapserv

Jeff de La Beaujardiere jeff2005 at svs.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 7 09:55:47 EDT 2005

scott bortman wrote:
> Just out of curiousity,  what platform are you running on?

Fedora Core 3

> And, what "extras" do you need?

I am just now trying to determine that out. I had been using the FWTools
"kitchen sink" approach, but that seems to be more than I need.  My
input data are all raster images in 4-channel PNG or TIFF format using
longitude-latitude coordinates. My requirements are WMS support
(requires PROJ4, it seems); ability to read PNG and TIFF (possibly
floating-point TIFF; GeoTIFF not required); ability to send PNG, JPEG
and maybe PNG; ability to read geographic CRS (EPSG:4326).

I think this means Mapserv, PROJ4 and GD are all I need.  If you think
I'm missing something, let me know!

Thanks,
Jeff DLB