[FWTools] ogr2ogr: shapefile to postgis SRID problem

Frans Knibbe frans at geodan.nl
Fri Nov 4 04:08:16 EST 2005

Hello,

Meanwhile, I have figured out how to change the SRID in PostGIS, so this
matter is not so urgent anymore.

An example:

ALTER TABLE gem2003 drop constraint enforce_srid_wkb_geometry;
update gem2003 set wkb_geometry=setsrid(wkb_geometry, 28992);
ALTER TABLE gem2003 add constraint enforce_srid_wkb_geometry CHECK
(srid(wkb_geometry) = 28992);

My problem was that I used the PostGIS documentation in PDF, where the
setsrid is missing a viral parameter (the SRID).

Regards,

Frans