[FWTools] newbie: linking errors with g++ 2.96 and FWTOOLS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 21 15:03:13 EDT 2005

On 10/21/05, Gregory, Matthew <matt.gregory at oregonstate.edu> wrote:
> I've recently moved to Linux (Red Hat 7.3) from Windows and am now using
> the FWTOOLS libraries instead of GDAL from source.  In trying to rebuild
> my app (which uses GDAL) on the Linux platform using g++, I've run into
> a number of linker errors.

> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libsqlite3.so.0, needed by
> FWTools-linux-1.0.0a4/lib/libgdal.so, not found (try using -rpath or
> -rpath-link)

Matt,

I would suggest ensuring that the FWTools lib directory is in
your LD_LIBRARY_PATH during building.  I'm not sure this
will fix it, but it is worth a try.

> canocoCCAParse.o: In function `CanocoCCAParser::CanocoCCAParser(GnnPList
> const &)':
> canocoCCAParse.o(.text+0x3f): undefined reference to
> `ifstream::ifstream(int)'
> canocoCCAParse.o(.text+0x6d): undefined reference to
> `ifstream::ifstream(int)'

I was going to suggest linking with "g++" but from your makefile
it looks like you already are.  The problem might be that
FWTools was built with gcc 3.2.3 and you are using a very
different version.