[FWTools] msLoadMap(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near({):(line 1)

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 09:17:53 EDT 2006

Oyama,

This message means that there is a problem with the text in your map file,
and the problem is right at the beginning of the mapfile.

Can you post the text of your mapfile, 'sample.map'?  This is hard to fix
without knowing what is in your mapfile.

This is really more of a MapServer question than a FWTools question, so if
we get much deeper, you may want to post it on the mapserver-users list.
You can find out how to subscribe to mapserver-users here:

David.