[FWTools] random access querying raster image - help

Kenton Williams Kenton_Williams at umit.maine.edu
Mon Aug 21 20:42:59 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am needing to write a simple (I think) program/script that takes a coordinate pair as input, queries a raster at those coordinates, and returns the raster's value at that point.  I would prefer to use Python, but I am open to better suggestions.
Is this possible to do using any of FWtools or GDAL's utility programs?  If it's possible, could someone write a very brief list of the sequence of suggested steps?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Kenton W.