[FWTools] MODIS processing

Ned Horning nedh at lightlink.com
Wed Jan 4 12:25:36 EST 2006

Frank,

Thanks, that did the trick. I deleted "C:" and gdalinfo works fine on the
subdataset. It appears that there is a GCP for every pixel. When I ran
gdalwarp I also realized I needed to use double-quotes instead of single
quotes.

When I run gdalwarp I get the following error:

A target coordinate system was specified, but there is no source coordinate
system.  Consider using -s_srs option to provide a source coordinate system.
Operation terminated.

My input was:
C:\Program Files\FWTools1.0.0a7>gdalwarp -t_srs "+proj=utm +zone=38
+datum=WGS84"
HDF4_EOS:EOS_SWATH:\AMNH\ModisCloudImages\MOD35_L2.A2000184.0755.005.2005182
222430.hdf:mod35:Cloud_Mask modis_cloud.tif

Any thoughts?

Also, is it possible to select a single band from the HDF subdataset for
gdalwarp? I didn't see a band selection switch.

All the best,

Ned

warmerdam at pobox.com