[FWTools] Raster warp

Craig Leat Craig at pid.co.za
Thu Jul 6 10:37:49 EDT 2006

Hi All

FWTools 1.0.0 (Windows)

I have a raster image (MrSid), which is georeferenced in Lat/Lon and uses
the WGS84 datum. The image is a scanned topo map. I need to change the
georeferencing to the South African grid (Hartebeesthoek94 / Lo31,
EPSG:2054). Would gdalwarp be the correct utility to use?

Gdalwarp appears to support my grid because code 2054 is listed in the
pcs.csv file, but PROJ.4 does not appear to support this grid. My next
question: Is gdalwarp dependent on PROJ.4, as I get a PROJ.4 error when
using gdalwarp? The error is: "Failure to initialize PROJ.4".

Regards

Craig Leat
Agricultural Engineer