[FWTools] Reading ADRG raster data

matthew beckett becmat1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 07:43:11 EDT 2007

 Hi,

    I know it has been a while since you replied however I am a bit confused. I have an ADRG file with the structure:

ROOT
   | TRANSH01.THF            -       The Transmittal Header File
   | TESTPA01.CPH            -       Test Patch Image File

   +-ssccdd01
         | ssccdd01.GEN        -       General Information file
         | ssccdd01.QAL         -       Quality file
         | ssccdd01.OVR          -       Overview Image file
         | ssccddzz.IMG        -       Main Raster Image

         +-ssccddgg
                   ssccddgg.SOU        -       Source File
                   ssccddkk.Lgg        -       Raster Legend Image
where:
'zzzzz' or 'ssccdd' are six alphanumeric characters which uniquely identify the dataset to which the file belongs
'dd'(ASRP data), 'zz' or  'kk'(ADRG data) are two alphanumeric characters which identify the occurence of the file type within the dataset
'cc' or 'gg'is the number assigned to the image's source graphic

    Now I’m not too sure what you meant by “For datasets going through the OGDI library in GDAL you need to use a somewhat esoteric name for the dataset.” But I assume that the above file structure is similar to the one you are using.

  My question is with an ADRG in the above file structure how would this be opened/imported into the OpenEV, which option/method should I be using from the menu selections available in the software? (I’ve included a screen shot of what I assume should be opening the ADRG, the OpenEV: View <openEV.jpg>).

    Could you please help by confirming that the above file structure is what the software is expecting and could you also provide a dummy’s guide to using the software to open the ADRG? As I have tried a few thing but I get an error similar to the second attached image <error.jpg>.

    Thanks for any help with this matter

MatthewFrank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote: matthew beckett wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently began investigating the FWTool.
> I have installed it on my machine however I am unsure how to read my
> ADRG data into the software. I am also unsure whether my ADRG data can
> be read.
> Is it possible for someone to send me an example ADRG data with
> instructions on what needs to be done to read it in?
> Thanks for any help in this matter

Matthew,

For datasets going through the  OGDI library in GDAL you need to use
a somewhat esoteric name for the dataset.  For my ADRG dataset I use:

   gltp:/adrg/usr4/mpp1/adrg/TPUS0101

The "gltp:/adrg" portion are fixed with gltp indicating this is an OGDI
request, and adrg indicating the driver to use.  The rest is the path to
the dataset.  Note that in this case the TPUS0101 directory is below
the directory with the THF and CPH directory, and the TPUS0101 directory
includes .IMG, .QAL, .OVR and .GEN files.

Good luck!