[FWTools] PGeo driver examples and usage for windows and linux

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 19:38:48 EST 2007

Frank,

Thanks for your responsive answers.

> I assume you are suggesting direct calls into the MDB tools API instead
> of going through ODBC?  This would be possible but difficult and result

Yes, actually, I thought to dependend even on no (external) lib at all...

Regarding my issue importing an mdb I'm still unable to get an working
example of a PGeo statement:

>ogrinfo bahnhoefe.mdb
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `bahnhoefe.mdb' with the following drivers.
PGeo

So I still hope to get a success since under Windows PGeo is in the list
supported formats.
What do I need to do in order to get PGeo and the following command work
(under Windows)?
Do I really have to register every single new database file with ODBC
administrative tools?
> ogrinfo PGeo:bahnhoefe

Stefan