[FWTools] OGR Hangs

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Dec 29 06:18:57 EST 2007

Richard Heimann [C] wrote:
>> Hope everybody enjoyed holidaying.
>>
>> Now down to business for those who are working today.
>>
>> Sometimes OGR will hang. I have been using ogr2ogr to convert csv files
>> directly to postgres database. The process typically takes about an hour
> or
>> two but occasionally I will get a sequence of "multiple primary key"
>> warnings and the process will then hang indefinitely taking cpu cycles but
>> no longer writing anything to the tablespace.
>>
>> Richard,
>
>> It's important for us to know what version of FWTools you use?
>> Then we can identify version of GDAL/OGR that's included in the bundle.
>> The issue with multiple PK warning has been fixed/removed recently,
>> and perhaps you could try FWTools 2.0.4 ?
>> AFAIR, this version should include the fix.
>
>> Cheers
>
> All,
>
> As a follow-on to this question - Does this described warning effect data
> integrity? I don't think this question was answered the first go around...

Richard,

The warning is not about data integrity problem.
The warning says that OGR found multi-column Primary Key, but this
kind of PK are not supported, so the warning is just an information.

Here you can find some background about it, in ticket #1889 and
this comment:

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1889#comment:7

Cheers

--