[FWTools] OGR Hangs

Richard Heimann [C] richard.heimann at nrl.navy.mil
Sat Dec 29 18:31:21 EST 2007

> Richard Heimann [C] wrote:
>>> Hope everybody enjoyed holidaying.
>>>
>>> Now down to business for those who are working today.
>>>
>>> Sometimes OGR will hang. I have been using ogr2ogr to convert csv files
>>> directly to postgres database. The process typically takes about an
>>> hour
>> or
>>> two but occasionally I will get a sequence of "multiple primary key"
>>> warnings and the process will then hang indefinitely taking cpu cycles
>>> but
>>> no longer writing anything to the tablespace.
>>>
>>> Richard,
>>
>>> It's important for us to know what version of FWTools you use?
>>> Then we can identify version of GDAL/OGR that's included in the bundle.
>>> The issue with multiple PK warning has been fixed/removed recently,
>>> and perhaps you could try FWTools 2.0.4 ?
>>> AFAIR, this version should include the fix.
>>
>>> Cheers
>>
>> All,
>>
>> As a follow-on to this question - Does this described warning effect
>> data
>> integrity? I don't think this question was answered the first go
>> around...
>
> Richard,
>
> The warning is not about data integrity problem.
> The warning says that OGR found multi-column Primary Key, but this
> kind of PK are not supported, so the warning is just an information.
>
> Here you can find some background about it, in ticket #1889 and
> this comment:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1889#comment:7
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Mateusz Loskot
> http://mateusz.loskot.net

I understand the warnings and its implications but wanted information
about the outcome of the load that I dont think I got in the first
message. In other words, I wanted to know if the load was complete and all
data was loaded despite the warnings. And I think you answered this
question in your most previous message. Thanks

Happy New Year

Richard