[FWTools] tip: recovering damaged shp files with ogr2ogr

Janeks Kamerovskis janeks.kamerovskis at foranbaltic.lv
Fri Jul 27 17:20:19 EDT 2007

Yes. Just ogr2ogr from the broken shapefile to a new one.

I checked Gary's method, but it does not help to fix this problem in this
case.
Would be interesting (for me as dummie in internals of shape files) an guru
short description of this kind of problem possible causes and why it was so
easy for ogr2ogr to fix it, but for ArcMap impossible.

Janeks