[FWTools] org2org: import TIGER data into a specific schema in PostgreSQL

Marvin delphet at excite.com
Tue Jul 31 15:21:40 EDT 2007

Hi, All,

I'm trying to import TIGER data into a PostgreSQL database. The command I use is:

ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" PG:"dbname=test user=someuser host=localhost password=somepass" .

This command put the data into the "public" schema. I'm wondering if there is a way to import the data into a specific schema such as "mySchema". I tried to use the option "-dsco" as:

ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" PG:"dbname=test user=someuser host=localhost password=somepass" -dsco schema=mySchema .

But it still put the data into the "public" schema. Could anyone please give any suggestion? Thanks.