[FWTools] Mapserver Version

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 15 08:38:33 EDT 2007

Marc Jacquin wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I was wondering if the original version of Mapserver could be kept in
> FWTools distribution.
>
> Especially for the use of mapserv;exe –v command that returns version
> 4.99 for all FWTools version.
>
> Is there any reason no to keep the original version?

Marc,

4.99 is what the normal development version of mapserver currently returns.
FWTools is not built from 4.10.x, it is built from "trunk", the currently
development version that is leading up to MapServer 5.0.

I *have* been wanting to insert the FWTools version into the version string
as well, but it is not my intent to alter the natural version returned by
MapServer.