[FWTools] using -sql with ogrinfo

John Cole john.cole at uai.com
Mon May 21 10:44:20 EDT 2007

Hello,
  I'm trying to select the number of records out of a tiger 2006se county
using a -sql query with ogrinfo.

I'm getting the following error:

C:\mapserver\tiger2006se\AL\TGR01001>ogrinfo . -sql 'SELECT * FROM
CompleteChain
'
ERROR 4: Tiger Driver doesn't support update.
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of `.'
      using driver `TIGER' successful.
layer names ignored in combination with -sql.
ERROR 1: SQL: Missing FROM clause in SELECT statement.

I'd like to get the number of roads out of the CompleteChain layer, so I
assume my query would look like:

SELECT COUNT(fid) FROM CompleteChain WHERE cfcc LIKE "A%"

but this too gets the above error.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

John