[FWTools] FWTools 1.3.7 Released

Jeff Ruby jgr007 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 15:41:51 EDT 2007

Frank,

I used gdal_translate to create a 13GB BigTIFF image from and ENVI raw
binary/hdr image.  After that, I tried running this 13GB image through
gdaladdo.

I get the following errors.  These pairs of errors are repeated several times:

ERROR 1: TIFFFetchDirectoryClassic:Sanity check on directory count failed, this
 is probably not a valid IFD offset
ERROR 1: TIFFReadDirectory:Failed to read directory at offset 0

It appears that, even with the errors, gdaladdo is still working, but
when I use gdalinfo it doesn't show that overlay images as being
present.

I'm running FWTools 1.3.7 on Windows XP Pro (32-bit), dual 3.0 Xeon
processors, 4GB memory.

Thanks much,
-Jeff