[FWTools] GEOS update request

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Aug 22 07:57:35 EDT 2008

Hi Folks / Frank,

Current version of FWTools 2.0.6 for Linux includes GEOS 3.0.0rc1.
What do you think about updating to GEOS 3.0.0 and releasing new FWTools?

The RC1 is very old and there has been number of fixes between RC1 and
RC5, and final 3.0.0. I use FWTools to build Quantum GIS. It also is
used as dependencies provider in OSGeo Buildbot, so I'd be happy if it
has GEOS 3.0.0. For instance, QGIS does not build with FWTools 2.0.6
because of lack of important fixes included in the stable version.