[FWTools] PGDB -> Shapefile Annotation extraction problem

Simon Green smiley_si at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 06:29:22 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a problem using ogr2ogr in the FWTools Shell when extracting a ‘text box style’ annotation layer that has curved corners from a PGDB to a Shapefile.  When I perform the extraction the geometry is set to null.  It is critical that the geometry is extracted for this layer.  However if I extract a ‘text box style’ annotation layer with squared corners the layer extracts fine to Shapefile.  Unfortunately it is not realistic or possible for the annotation to be changed to squared corners by myself within ESRI software to overcome this issue.  Has anyone else come across this?  Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do to overcome it?

Thanks and best regards,

Simon