[FWTools] FWTools for linux abandoned?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Dec 22 13:39:45 EST 2008

Roger André wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> This is potentially problematic.  Are you the only one able to do this,
> or can you release your recipe to someone else who has the ability to
> create updated versions?

Roger,

Well, there is not particularly special about how I build FWTools other
than that I have mastered the magic idea of building it on an old out of
date system to reduce compatibility problems.  Unfortunately, I no longer
have an out of date system to build on at home, though this is not an
insurmountable issue.

You are certainly welcome to release RATools containing whatever you
would like to include.