[FWTools] FWTools 2.1.0 Released for Win32

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 13 19:45:10 EST 2008

Folks,

I have released a new cut of FWTools for Win32 only.

   http://home.gdal.org/fwtools/FWTools210.exe

My FWTools Linux system is dead, and whether I produce new FWTools cuts
for linux is a bit "up in the air" currently.

I have been working hard on OSGeo4W lately, which I hope will fulfill
at least part of the role currently played by FWTools.  In particular,
it will likely do a better job at being stable, and integrating with more
packages than FWTools can.  I hope to move FWTools for windows forward
in such a way that it is built on packages from OSGeo4W with only a few
packages I develop on (ie. GDAL, PROJ, MapServer) tracking trunk and
built specially.  Potentially I might even move to FWTools just being some
add-on "trunk" packages for OSGeo4W and available through it's installer.