[FWTools] SDE vector access

Dav Stott d.stott at csl.gov.uk
Tue Mar 18 12:19:47 EDT 2008

> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 05:15:05 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Pål Kristensen <pal.kristensen at statkart.no>
> Subject: [FWTools] SDE vector access
>

> Hi!
>
> I've downloaded FWtools 2.1.1 for windows but can't find the necessary
> plugins to access ArcSDE vector data. Can someone point me in the right
> direction to where I can download the ogr_SDE_92.dll?
>
> Regards,
> Pål Kristensen
> --

Hi Pål,

I've had slightly older releases of FWTools on speaking terms with ArcSDE for
both raster and vector data, but as you say, there's a certain about of
rummaging about for precompiled versions of the SDE plugins. I'm not certain I
found one for OGR, I think I used mapserver's builtin SDE driver for vector
data.

Depending upon what you've got in mind doing with it, you might get on better
with the most recent release of ms4w. That comes with compiled DLLs for SDE
versions 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 for both GDAL and OGR and has all of the tools I've
needed from fwtools.

Cheers,

Dav

Dav Stott BEng MIEE             Phone: +44 (0)1904 462000
Systems Development Engineer    GTN:   5129 2000
Information Systems Team
Central Science Laboratory      Fax:   +44 (0)1904 462111
Sand Hutton                     Email: d.stott at csl.gov.uk
York YO41 1LZ, UK               WWW:   http://www.csl.gov.uk/