[FWTools] python version

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 8 10:32:29 EDT 2008

fabienne picot wrote:
> I don't know, I just discover fwtools.
>
> - How could I update the python's package?

Fabienne,

Generally speaking you cannot update the python version for FWTools.

If you are on linux, it is not particularly hard to build GDAL with
python support from source, and I would just advise that instead of
using FWTools - if you need to mix things.

If you are windows, perhaps you could use OSGeo4W which uses a newer
Python version (2.5 I think).

> - I'm searching for a tool that could assemble a lot of raster in an
> image which size would be small.

It sounds like the gdal_merge.py script would be suitable for this purpose
assuming the source images have appropriate georeferencing.  In any event,
the gdal_merge.py script could likely be an example from which you build
what you need.